Peoples Bank FAQ
PEOPLES PAY Basics
Q: What is PEOPLES PAY?
A: PEOPLES PAY is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment and which account you want the payment to come from. It’s safe, secure and easy to use.
Q: Who can I pay with PEOPLES PAY?
A: You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.
Getting Started with PEOPLES PAY
Q: How do I enroll in PEOPLES PAY?
A: It’s easy to enroll in PEOPLES PAY. Just log in to your account and click the “Bill Pay” link to access the short enrollment form.
Q: How do I start using PEOPLES PAY?
A: The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay. Here’s how easy it is:
- Log in to your account and click the “Bill Pay” link.
- Click the “Add a Payee” button on your home page dashboard.
- Enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest bill statement.
Once you add your payee, you can start making payments in seconds.
Q: How do I make payments with PEOPLES PAY?
- Find your payee on the payments dashboard.
- Enter the payment amount and date, then submit.