Peoples Pay FAQ
PEOPLES PAY Basics
Q: What is PEOPLES PAY?
A: PEOPLES PAY is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment, and which account you want the payment to come from. It’s safe, secure and easy to use.
Q: Who can I pay with PEOPLES PAY?
A: You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills, credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter, or friends.
Q: How do I enroll in PEOPLES PAY?
A: It’s easy to enroll in PEOPLES PAY. Just log in to your account and click the “Bill Pay” link to access the short enrollment form.
Q: How do I start using PEOPLES PAY?
A: The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay. Here’s how easy it is:
- Log in to your account and click the “Bill Pay” link.
- Click the “Add a Payee” button on your home page dashboard.
- Enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest bill statement.
Once you add your payee, you can start making payments in seconds.
Q: How do I make payments with PEOPLES PAY?
- Find your payee on the payments dashboard.
- Enter the payment amount and date, then submit.
Q: How do I pay people?
How it works: Choose the option that is best for you.
- Provide the recipient’s email address and a secure text password of your choosing. The recipient then logs into a secure site using that password and provides the required account information. A payment is deposited electronically from your account into their account.
- Provide the recipient’s bank routing number and deposit account information, and a payment is sent electronically.
- Provide the recipient’s mailing address, and a paper check will be mailed.
What makes it so simple? Sending money electronically is faster, more convenient, and more secure than sending a check. Even when a paper check is necessary, online bill pay can save you time. That’s because we mail your check directly to the recipient, which saves you a trip to the post office.
How to get started: When you add a payee in your online bill pay account, simply choose to add an individual rather than a company or business.