Peoples Bank will NEVER call or send an e-mail requesting sensitive information such as; social security number, passwords, PIN numbers, or account Numbers. If you are contacted, please do not share this information without calling Peoples Bank to validate the request.
Lost or Stolen Cards – notify us AT ONCE!
|Report lost or stolen during bank hours||877-885-2511|
|For Information or Transaction Inquiries||877-885-2511|
|Report lost or stolen after bank hours||888-297-3416|
|To report on Telebanking||877-885-4166 Option #3|
|To report on Online Banking||Options Tab|
|To report on Mobile Banking||Click on Manage Cards|
Debit Card Fraud Monitoring Service
Save our Fraud Center numbers to your phone as “Peoples Bank Fraud Center”
Text 96923 Cell 800-237-8990
Security of your accounts is a top priority of Peoples Bank, so we monitor debit card transactions for unusual activity and then contact you when potential fraud occurs.
Here’s how it works:
- Depending on the fraud level of the transaction your card may or may not be blocked immediately
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automated text, email, or voice call. You will need to follow the response instructions given.
- A text will be sent first, after 5 minutes in no response, an email will be generated, again a 5 minute wait, and a phone call will be made unless it is after hours.
- If you do not respond to the text then you will receive an email. You will need to select the correct hyperlink on the email “NO FRAUD” or “FRAUD”.
- If you do not respond to the text or email, then you will receive a phone/voice call. You will be asked to review up to 5 transactions. A Voice Mail is left if there is no answer. Calls are only placed between 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- If “FRAUD” is confirmed, you will be connected with a Fraud Analyst.
To combat fraud, some purchase transactions may require you to PIN instead of Sign.
If your card is reported by our card processor as a merchant breach, you will receive a letter from us giving you 10 days to come in and get a new card.
To request lower ATM or Point-of-Sale daily limits, please call 877-885-2511.
MasterCard Account Billing Updater Service (ABU)
If your MasterCard Debit Card number changes, no worries! MasterCard ABU service now provides continuous reoccurring debit card payments to any merchant who participates in this program.
If you would like to opt out of this service, please contact us at 877-885-2511 X-2401. You will be required to provide your name, address, account number, and last four digits of your debit card number. If you opt out, you may opt back in at any time by contacting us.
Guardian Text Alert Service
Monitor your debit card by signing up for the following text alerts:
Click here to SIGN UP NOW!
Text alerts are sent 24/7 unless you set up the “Do Not Disturb” preference. You will need to select the correct time zone.
When you sign up, you will receive text alerts on:
- Transactions approved with authorization originating outside the US
- Transactions greater than $300.00
- Transactions approved without your card present
- Transactions declined
Here’s how it works:
- If your card incurs any of the above transactions, then you will receive a text message from PEOBK GUARDIAN
- Review the information in the text and reply with the code in the next 12 hours ONLY IF THE TRANSACTION IS UNAUTHORIZED
- After your response, you will then receive a message informing you that your card is now BLOCKED and you will need to contact Peoples Bank to get a new card.
Debit Card US and Foreign Travel Alerts
Options to notify us if you plan to travel outside your normal transaction area, travel to a foreign country, or make online foreign transactions:
- Login to your People Mobile Banking, Click on “Manage Debit Cards”, then Click on “Send a Travel Note”
- Call us at 877-885-2511
For your peace of mind, we would also encourage you to carry one or more additional payment methods when traveling outside of the country.
Safe Shopping Tips
Minimize your online shopping risk with our safety tips that can help keep your debit card information safe all year long:
Peoples Bank debit cards can now be set up in your “smart phone’s” digital wallet for Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or Apple Pay.
- Make sure Peoples Bank has your current contact information. This is critical for our fraud monitoring service to have if an issue occurs.
- Sign up for Guardian Text Alert Service. This service notifies you if any of the following occurs:
- Transactions with your card have been approved outside of the US
- Transaction with your card was $300 or more
- Transaction was approved without your card present
- Transaction declined on your card
- Know your card limits. Your debit card has a daily limit of $500 for ATM cash and $1,000 daily limit for purchases. Please contact us if you need to exceed your limit.
- Shop on legitimate websites. Shopping online is easy and convenient, but make sure you are visiting the actual websites for reputable, legitimate businesses for your purchases. Scammers are good at creating legitimate-looking ads and emails designed to draw you into elaborate phishing schemes to make off with your debit card information. Rather than clicking on links in emails or ads on webpages, the safest bet is to type the web address of the store you want directly into your browser bar, or use a search engine if you are not positive on the store’s web address.
- Make sure online shopping is secure. Before you enter your debit card information into a site’s checkout process, look for “https://” in the website address bar. If the “s” is not there, your information may not be encrypted when transmitted. So, even if the site itself is legitimate, your card information may be vulnerable.
- Use online banking tools. Use our mobile app or online banking service to keep an eye on your balance and recent transactions, and notify us right away if you notice any unauthorized activity. Think twice about where you click “checkout”. Shopping online is easy, but if you are at a coffee shop, hotel or anywhere else on an unsecured WiFi connection, consider waiting to enter your debit card information until you are back on a secure network again.
- Be careful in stores. If you are going to do shopping at the mall or at other retail stores, use some common-sense tips to keep your information secure, including keeping your card in a wallet or purse.