Peoples Bank will NEVER call or send an e-mail requesting sensitive information such as; social security number, passwords, PIN numbers, or account Numbers. If you are contacted, please do not share this information without calling Peoples Bank to validate the request.
Lost or Stolen Cards – notify us AT ONCE!
|Report lost or stolen during bank hours||877-885-2511|
|For Information or Transaction Inquiries||877-885-2511|
|Report lost or stolen after bank hours||866-546-8273|
|To report on Telebanking||877-885-4166 Option #3|
|To report on Online Banking||Options Tab|
|To report on Mobile Banking||Click on Manage Cards|
Debit Card Fraud Monitoring Service
Save our Fraud Center numbers to your phone as “Peoples Bank Fraud Center”
Text 32874 Cell 800-417-4592
Security of your accounts is a top priority of Peoples Bank, so we monitor debit card transactions for unusual activity and then contact you when potential fraud occurs.
Here’s how it works:
- Depending on the fraud level of the transaction your card may or may not be blocked immediately
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an email and text alert with the option to reply “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- If you do not respond, then you will receive an automatic phone call with the same option
- If you do not respond at this point or if you reply with “fraud” then your card will be blocked
- If you reply “no fraud” your card will automatically be unblocked
To combat fraud, some purchase transactions may require you to PIN instead of Sign.
If your card is reported by our card processor as a merchant breach, you will receive a letter from us giving you 10 days to come in and get a new card.
To request lower ATM or Point-of-Sale daily limits, please call 877-885-2511.
Guardian Text Alert Service
Monitor your debit card by signing up for the following text alerts:
Click here to SIGN UP NOW!
Text alerts are sent 24/7 unless you set up the “Do Not Disturb” preference. You will need to select the correct time zone.
When you sign up, you will receive text alerts on:
- Transactions approved with authorization originating outside the US
- Transactions greater than $300.00
- Transactions approved without your card present
- Transactions declined
Here’s how it works:
- If your card incurs any of the above transactions, then you will receive a text message from PEOBK GUARDIAN
- Review the information in the text and reply with the code in the next 12 hours ONLY IF THE TRANSACTION IS UNAUTHORIZED
- After your response, you will then receive a message informing you that your card is now BLOCKED and you will need to contact Peoples Bank to get a new card.
Debit Card US and Foreign Travel Alerts
If you plan to travel outside your normal transaction area, travel to a foreign country, or make online foreign transactions, please call 877-885-2511 or complete and return the Travel Notification form.
For your peace of mind, we would also encourage you to carry one or more additional payment methods when traveling outside of the country.