Get the most out of your card
Please see the Peoples Bank Mastercard® Guide to Benefits for more details and a complete explanation of card benefits and services.
Please note, a paper copy of the Peoples Bank Mastercard® Guide to benefits can be provided upon request.
Peoples Bank will NEVER call or send an e-mail requesting sensitive information such as; social security number, passwords, PIN numbers, or account Numbers. If you are contacted, please do not share this information without calling Peoples Bank to validate the request.
For Official Rules & complete details, click here.
Lost or Stolen Cards – notify us AT ONCE!
|Report lost or stolen during bank hours||877-885-2511|
|For Information or Transaction Inquiries||877-885-2511|
|Report lost or stolen after bank hours||888-297-3416|
|To report on Online Banking||Options Tab|
|To report on Mobile Banking||Click on Manage Cards|
MasterCard Account Billing Updater Service (ABU)
If your MasterCard Debit Card number changes, no worries! MasterCard ABU service now provides continuous reoccurring debit card payments to any merchant who participates in this program.
If you would like to opt out of this service, please contact us at 877-885-2511 X-2401. You will be required to provide your name, address, account number, and last four digits of your debit card number. If you opt out, you may opt back in at any time by contacting us.
Debit Card US and Foreign Travel Alerts
Options to notify us if you plan to travel outside your normal transaction area, travel to a foreign country, or make online foreign transactions:
- Login to your People Mobile Banking, Click on “Manage Debit Cards”, then Click on “Send a Travel Note”
- Call us at 877-885-2511
For your peace of mind, we would also encourage you to carry one or more additional payment methods when traveling outside of the country.
Safe Shopping Tips
Minimize your online shopping risk with our safety tips that can help keep your debit card information safe all year long:
Peoples Bank debit cards can now be set up in your “smart phone’s” digital wallet for Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or Apple Pay.
- Make sure Peoples Bank has your current contact information. This is critical for our fraud monitoring service to have if an issue occurs.
- Know your card limits. Your debit card has a daily limit of $500 for ATM cash and $2,000 daily limit for purchases. Please contact us if you need to exceed your limit.
- Shop on legitimate websites. Shopping online is easy and convenient, but make sure you are visiting the actual websites for reputable, legitimate businesses for your purchases. Scammers are good at creating legitimate-looking ads and emails designed to draw you into elaborate phishing schemes to make off with your debit card information. Rather than clicking on links in emails or ads on webpages, the safest bet is to type the web address of the store you want directly into your browser bar, or use a search engine if you are not positive on the store’s web address.
- Make sure online shopping is secure. Before you enter your debit card information into a site’s checkout process, look for “https://” in the website address bar. If the “s” is not there, your information may not be encrypted when transmitted. So, even if the site itself is legitimate, your card information may be vulnerable.
- Use online banking tools. Use our mobile app or online banking service to keep an eye on your balance and recent transactions, and notify us right away if you notice any unauthorized activity. Think twice about where you click “checkout”. Shopping online is easy, but if you are at a coffee shop, hotel or anywhere else on an unsecured WiFi connection, consider waiting to enter your debit card information until you are back on a secure network again.
- Be careful in stores. If you are going to do shopping at the mall or at other retail stores, use some common-sense tips to keep your information secure, including keeping your card in a wallet or purse.